Patti here -- It has come the time to trade my car in for another. :( I have been very content with my current car and wish I could procrastinate at least another year or two. The circumstances for having to do it now are quit complicated, I will spell you the boring details of why.
I was hoping to get a little bit of help from all of you.
So, First of all, you need to know a little bit about my current car. I have a wonderful husband that has turned out to be a hopeless romantic, on our 25th anniversary five years ago while in Las Vegas, he asked me if I wanted to go SHOPPING! Well of course I said, "YES", for I am one of those 'SHOP TIL YOU DROP' girls. LOL
Off we went, he is driving, as we pasted one shopping mall after another heading completely in the opposite direction of the malls -- I'm asking, "Where are we going shopping?" His answer, "You will see, just watch where the front of the car takes us!" his way of being funny ha ha :). The car finally turns into a car dealership, with me saying, "OMG", and my eyes are popping out of my head, "What are we doing here?" His reply, "I am buying you a new car today, you get to pick the style but the color is going to be SILVER!" Ok -- enough with the drama suspense, we did leave with a SILVER CLS 500 MERCEDES as my 25th anniversary gift. I love it!
So, here is a list of things I need to consider:
- Gas Mileage is at the top of the list.
- Its got to be convenient to drive around for quick runs around town.
- Should be a little more dog friendly on my list, but not so much on his list.
- And, not to mention COST
Here is what we have narrowed the choices down to.
- Hyundai Sonata Hybrid -- this one intrigue my interest with the hybrid for it is suppose to run on electric for the first 60 miles before running on the gas engine. Something like the Prius, but it is a much bigger car that is expected to get around 38 mpg. Which could really get more with me just running around town possibly on the electric engine only.
- VW CC TDI -- this one is another option for a sedan. It runs on a deisel engine and expected to get 30 city/42 hwy mpg.
So, now this is where I would like some help and OPINIONS! I have made a sedan work for a couple of years to be dog worthy -- you would be surprised what I can fit into the trunk of the car.
The big question/decision -- SEDAN vs. SPORTWAGON or is there another way to go?
Help -- Patti